PRODUCT ENGINEER, PROVISION STORES, CATERING SYSTEMS DIVISION, FRANCE OR ITALY
As Product Engineer, Provision Stores in our Catering Systems Division, you will hold the following responsibilities
- Leading technical project engineering and design actions/communications with customers.
- Leading the project design for several projects, depending on size and complexity.
- Organizing, coordinating, and streamlining the work of the design project teams internally and externally.
- Making technical specifications for offers guaranteeing technical compliance with customer specification
- Preparing cost calculations.
- Preparing and following-up project schedules, detailed design tasks, and resource needs for the project design activities, in accordance with master plan.
- Ensuring the design documentation (drawings/specs/material lists/manuals) is meeting the project requirements, ALMACO’s standards and internal needs and are constantly up to date.
- Technical guarantor that products definition is in accordance with the PS contract need/requirement, gathering expertise where necessary.
- Reporting design progress, non-conformities, and customer feed-back
- Acting as a technical support to Contract Manager, Designers, and Purchase Manager during the life of the contract and for guaranteed issues.
- Participating to development of new products and innovations
- Actively involved in continuous improvements through processes and working methods as well as in ideas for product development and standardization.
- Developing and maintaining the technical standards applicable to the Provision Stores
The competences required succeed in this position are the following
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Engineer education and good technical awareness in his/her specialty and in Ship building.
- Good knowledge of USPHS standard and VSP construction guidelines
- General knowledge of SOLAS rules and Classification Societies requirements
- Ability to organize and prioritize ongoing multiple tasks.
- Ability to lead a team, Sense of responsibility, teamwork, interpersonal relations, and communication skills.
- Computer skills : Autocad, Microsoft XLS, Word, plus potentially MS Project and Solidworks…
- Open minded, self-starter, able to take initiative and work in a fast-moving international environment.
For further inquiries about the position, please contact Engineering Manager, Catering Systems Division Gilles Dufraisse at [email protected] Applications, including CV, will only be accepted if submitted online using the form below. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Hernandez at [email protected]