Technical Purchaser, Tailor-Made Equipment, catering systems division, france
As Technical Purchaser, Tailor-Made Equipment in our Catering Systems Division, you will hold the following responsibilities
- Overall responsibility of TME project purchasing
- Professional management of such vendors and product category
You will also have these followings specific responsibilities
- Provide organized feedback and participate to project estimation in terms of price level and other important information during the tendering phase.
- Develop a vendor and product market knowledge for this purchasing category and act as a referent person for the Division
- Develop and keep updated key statistics, price and sources databases to quickly benchmark suppliers and production capabilities
- Propose and perform sourcing actions, mapping, & evaluation of vendors in the respect of our ISO rules and company Global Sourcing management
- Participate to major technical and quality control discussions with vendors, project team, and site team (if applicable)
- Lead the project purchasing process (enquiry, negotiation, order, hedging, PO updates, invoicing)
- Place professional material purchase orders through our ERP system, all along the project duration.
- Transmit in an organized manner all contractual information to our Scheduling and Logistics team who shall then follow the respect of the agreed schedules, the transportation and logistics of the ordered goods.
- Check invoices, control and report the project purchasing cost vs budgets
- Follow up the main litigations (in cooperation with our guarantee claims team) and the cost recharges to vendors (if any)
- Lead project close-out meetings with main vendors, when necessary
To be successful in this position, we will need to have
- Good technical understanding and interest in the products
- Good awareness in metal works and in particular in stainless-steel custom-made fabrication
- General trade and negotiation skills
- Logistics knowledge (process, rules, documentation)
- Project management awareness and great willingness for teamwork
- Cultural differences awareness
- Initiative, reactivity, adaptability to a sometimes-stressful environment
- Sense of responsibility and well organized
- Good communication skills
- Very good knowledge of excel and MD365
For further inquiries about the position, please contact VP, Purchasing and Estimation, Stephane Denis at [email protected] . Applications, including CV, will only be accepted if submitted online using the form below. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Hernandez at [email protected] .
- Please note that by submitting an application you are giving consent to ALMACO Group to keep your cv / resume in our database.